The MassARRAY® System – a powerful and flexible tool for analysis of ADME-related genetic markers
The study of pharmacogenomics – the relationship between a person’s genetic makeup and the way that person responds to and metabolizes drugs – plays an important role in healthcare today. Often referred to as “personalized medicine,” it is based on ascertaining the relevant variance of individuals versus average responses of whole populations.
The high accuracy of MassARRAY System makes it ideal for large-scale research on genetic variations that may influence absorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion of drugs.
The MassARRAY System’s MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry technology, in combination with the relevant reagent sets and software tools, offers substantial benefits:
- A single platform for accurate SNP (single nucleotide polymorphism) genotyping, INDEL (insertion/deletion) detection, and CNV (copy number variation) determination.
- Inclusion of 99% of the most relevant genetic markers of ADME/T (absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and toxicity) considered broadly applicable to clinical trials. See PharmaADME Working Group.
- Fast DNA analysis to report time of approximately 8 hours.
- Capacity to analyze from 96 samples for a wide genotype (191 variants in 36 genes, with the iPLEX®; ADME PGx Pro Panel) to 256 samples for a focused genotype (e.g., 45 variants in two genes with the Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Set CYP2C9/VKORC1)
- Software for automated haplotype report generation in a choice of 6 different formats.
- Additional reagent sets that enable deeper interrogation of some of the most important enzyme coding genes in the cytochrome P450 family.
Pharmacogenomics Research using the MassARRAY System.
Agena Bioscience offers the following reagent sets for the research and investigation of pharmacogenetic biomarkers associated with drug ADME/T.
- The iPLEX ADME PGx Pro Panel is a complete set of reagents for the analysis of 191 SNPs in 36 key genes (including CYP2C9, CYP2C19, CYP2D6, and UGT1A1). All necessary PCR primers, extension primers, and PCR enzymes are included.
- Supplied with predesigned PCR and Extension primers.
- Complete assay chemistry components are provided in iPLEX Pro genotyping reagent set.
- Data analysis and report generation is enabled by ADME PGx Pro Software.
- Available for the analysis of 24, 96, 120, or 480 samples.
- The Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Sets listed below are ‘made-to-order’ by the Assays by Agena Bioscience Services Team. The performance of the Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Sets is verified using HapMap samples with published haplotypes.
- Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Set CYP2C9 / VKORC1. The assays include: 45 SNP assays (CYP2C9, 36 SNPs and VKORC1, 9 SNPs), 1 gender marker, and 3 Quality Control oligos for workflow monitoring, covering most of the known haplotypes of each gene.
- Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Set CYP2C19. The assays include: 31 SNP assays, which cover most of the important haplotypes of the gene, 1 gender marker, and 3 Quality Control oligos for workflow monitoring.
- Assays by Agena Bioscience Oligo Set CYP2D6. The assays include: 30 SNP assays, 5 gene copy number variation (CNV) assays, 1 gender marker, and 3 Quality Control oligos for workflow monitoring.
Pharmacogenomics research typically involves samples from Biobanks and other centralized repositories. Ensure that the samples being evaluated in your clinical research trials have the expected identity and quality. Agena Bioscience offers a predesigned panel, the iPLEX Pro Sample ID Panel, for sample tracking, identification, and quality control.
- Sample matching and quality control.
- iPLEX Pro Sample ID Panel comes with predefined PCR and extension primers.
- Complete assay chemistry components are provided in iPLEX genotyping reagent sets.
- Data analysis and report generation is performed using TYPER software.